Setting it up with Bluehost:
*Bluehost is a hosting provider, just happen to be the one i am using.
Easiest way, create a subdomain and upload the setup-owncloud.php file and you can take it from there.
1. Creating a subdomain
– Login to Bluehost
– Access the following url https://my.bluehost.com/cgi/dm/subdomain
– Create a subdomain. From my case, I input owncloud.mydomain.com
Make sure you have php 5.3 and above. Follow this link to turn it on
2. Uploading of the setup-owncloud.php
– Download the setup-owncloud.php from http://owncloud.org/install/ select the Web Installer
– Switch to your Bluehost Cpanel -> File manager
– Look under the WWW folder, you should have a folder created ask owncloud (or whatever name you gave previously for your subdomain)
– Now upload the setup-owncloud.php to this folder.
If you get the error after you make sure php 5.3 is turn on. Follow this link to dismiss the message
3. Installing OwnCloud
– Access the following url : http://owncloud.mydomain.com/setup-owncloud.php
*Note: replace the following url with your own values.
And we are good to go!